Jesus established the importance of building relationships with entire households in Luke 10:5. However, it is not until the book of Acts that we clearly see the powerful results of doing this:
- Cornelius and his household are saved (Acts 10, 11:1-18)
- Lydia and her household are saved (Acts 16:11-15)
- The Philippian jailer and his household are saved (Acts 16:22-34)
- Crispus and his household are saved (Acts 18:1-8)
Jesus did not send his disciples out to bring individuals into the Kingdom of God; Jesus sent them out to announce the coming of the Kingdom of God to families. That is why getting to know the family of the person of peace and their close friends is the third major step in the DMM process.
Questions for discussion:
- What do you think about the distinction between bringing individuals into the Kingdom of God and announcing the coming of the Kingdom of God to families?
- What do typical families look like in your community?
- How are you getting to know the family and friends of people of peace?
- What other lessons are you learning about reaching “households”?