Home » Uncategorized
Category Archives: Uncategorized
You may have come here looking for more information about Missional Challenge, but the link that sent you here was incorrect. We are sorry about the inconvenience. However, you can contact Missional Challenge directly by clicking HERE.
For everyone else, here is a brief introduction to Missional Challenge:
Missional Challenge helps you Live the Mission by making disciples who make disciples who make disciples. Here are some ways we can serve you:
• Discover principles and learn skills that enable you to make reproducing disciples that lead to 4×4 Movements.
Contact us about The Multiplication Workshop, our virtual Disciple Making Movement Café, or the Cultivating Missional Movements Workshop.
• Define and accomplish your disciple-making goals.
Contact us about individual and group coaching for Disciple Making Movement practitioners, team leaders and catalysts.
• Discern growth areas in your disciple formation.
Contact us about our Disciple Assessment, and discipleship guides.
Jesus taught us to pray,
Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.
The goal of this prayer is for God to be glorified through the fulfillment of His will on earth, just as it is already fulfilled in heaven. According to this prayer, God’s will includes four basic components:
- Physical sustenance for all people (“give us today our daily bread”).
- Right relationships between all people and God (“forgive us our debts”).
- Right relationships among all people (“as we also have forgiven our debtors”).
- Right responses to sin and Satan (“lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one”).
By researching the historical influences in each of these four areas for a given region and/or people, we can better understand the current situation and pray with greater specificity, see answers with greater clarity, and so glorify God.
Initiating disciple making movements is hard work- so make sure to lay a good foundation! Here are four suggestions:
- Consistently practice disciplines or habits that help you grow in loving obedience to God. This includes listening to God in prayer, responding to God as He speaks through the Scriptures and the Holy Spirit, and being in fellowship with other followers of Jesus.
- Prepare for spiritual warfare and persecution. Don’t seek them out; they will come to you in a variety of ways and levels of intensity. Consistent obedience and fellowship with other believers are some of the best ways to prepare for spiritual warfare and persecution.
- Form or join a disciple making movement ministry team that works according to the truth that disciple making movements are acts of God through His Spirit and His people who are obedient to the Word and the Spirit.
- Develop and implement a prayer strategy that encompasses all aspects of the disciple making movement process. This strategy should include both personal prayer and prayer mobilization.
Where do you need help … and where can you offer support to others?
Thanks to David Watson for helping us generate these ideas!
The Disciple Making Initiative is a collaborative space for people committed to making disciples the way that Jesus made disciples.
- It reflects a desire and ability to work together across cultural, geographic and organizational boundaries to accomplish Kingdom objectives.
- It strives to facilitate collaborative connections, stimulate collaborative communication, initiate collaborative projects and birth collaborative teams – all for the sake of the lost.
- It is collaboration for a cause: disciple making movements that make the name of God renowned among the nations.
We look forward to journeying together with you in obedience to Jesus’ command to make disciples!