Disciple Making Movements (DMMs) begin as people of peace help their family and friends discover God in the Word of God and respond to God in obedience. This obedience-based discipleship process is recognized as a “movement” when it leads to 100 or more new locally initiated and led expressions of the Church, three generations deep, within two years.
There are five distinct steps in the DMM process, each of which informs both prayer and strategy:
- Gaining access into a community, usually by meeting the needs of people.
- Finding people of peace – or being found by them by letting them see God working in us.
- Coaching the person of peace to lead a Discovery Bible Study for their family or circle of friends.
- Seeing this family or group become a baptized group of believers.
- Mentoring the leaders of this baptized group of believers to help the group become a reproducing church.
Ultimately, however, disciple making movements are acts of God through His Spirit and His people who are obedient to the Word and the Spirit … so please join us in prayer for disciple making movements that make the name of God renowned among the nations. Thanks!