Laying a Good Foundation
Initiating disciple making movements is hard work- so make sure to lay a good foundation! Here are four suggestions:
- Consistently practice disciplines or habits that help you grow in loving obedience to God. This includes listening to God in prayer, responding to God as He speaks through the Scriptures and the Holy Spirit, and being in fellowship with other followers of Jesus.
- Prepare for spiritual warfare and persecution. Don’t seek them out; they will come to you in a variety of ways and levels of intensity. Consistent obedience and fellowship with other believers are some of the best ways to prepare for spiritual warfare and persecution.
- Form or join a disciple making movement ministry team that works according to the truth that disciple making movements are acts of God through His Spirit and His people who are obedient to the Word and the Spirit.
- Develop and implement a prayer strategy that encompasses all aspects of the disciple making movement process. This strategy should include both personal prayer and prayer mobilization.
Where do you need help … and where can you offer support to others?
Thanks to David Watson for helping us generate these ideas!
Welcome to the virtual home of the Disciple Making Initiative!
The Disciple Making Initiative is a collaborative space for people committed to making disciples the way that Jesus made disciples.
- It reflects a desire and ability to work together across cultural, geographic and organizational boundaries to accomplish Kingdom objectives.
- It strives to facilitate collaborative connections, stimulate collaborative communication, initiate collaborative projects and birth collaborative teams – all for the sake of the lost.
- It is collaboration for a cause: disciple making movements that make the name of God renowned among the nations.
We look forward to journeying together with you in obedience to Jesus’ command to make disciples!